Message from Hofstra University's Public Health Alumni Association



Public Health Alumni Association:

Hofstra University's Public Health Alumni Association (PHAA) has been established to build and strengthen personal and professional relationships among public health alumni and current Hofstra MPH students, faculty, public health professionals, and the community.
 
In addition to regularly scheduled meetings, PHAA works actively to establish an engaged, connected alumni network. It is PHAA's goal to promote the professional development of alumni, organize networking and mentorship programs, and plan social networking events – all in connection with the mission and vision of both Hofstra's MPH program and its graduate student organization, Society of Public Health Advocates. 

2017-2018 PHAA
·         Newsletters featuring Hofstra MPH Alumni Spotlights, Upcoming Events, Career Opportunities, and more!
·         Spring 2017, Career Panel Event during National Public Health Week
·         Fall 2017, PHAA Paint & Brunch Hurricane Relief Fundraiser
·         Spring 2018, PHAA Mentor & Networking Event

Board descriptions:

Nuzhat Quaderi, President

As a Northwell Health Program Manager with the Department of Community Health I am responsible for the operations and implementation of workforce initiatives focused on addressing the social influencers of health. Hofstra’s MPH program equipped me with a toolkit of skills which allow me to effectively implement programs that address and influence non-clinical factors that impact clinical health outcomes. Research, data analytics, community outreach, and program planning are only some of the core learning objectives from Hofstra that I use on a daily basis.



Ronald Sanchez, Vice President
As Manager of Innovations for Clinical Partnerships at Healthfirst Inc., I manage a portfolio of programs and analytical projects. My role is to develop, implement and evaluate new managed care models of care. The Hofstra MPH program prepared me to thrive in an environment that requires critical thinking, programs development, deep analytical skills, time management, and diplomacy. The academic and professional preparation during my time in the program has been paramount to my career success. As Vice President of the Public Health Alumni Association, I have been able to transition many of these same skills to develop activities and processes to serve alum. 


 












Aditya Bissoonauth, Events Manager
I am a Research Coordinator at the Center for Health Innovations and Outcomes Research in Northwell Health. I manage clinical trials and health outcomes research in the Division of Endocrinology. I currently serve as PHAA’s Event Manager. The MPH program has provided me with a robust foundation and a diverse skillset, which has given me the opportunity to thrive in my present positions.














Afrin Howlader, Treasurer
I currently serve as a Project Manager at Island Peer Review Organization (IPRO) at Lake Success, New York and work on several programs that focus on Medicaid Managed Care developments. Many of my roles work to ensure appropriate preventive measures, foster efficient use of resources as well as promote value-driven healthcare and transparency. The MPH program gave me a well-rounded background on the versatile areas of public health. I specifically enjoyed the valuable understanding and practice in community development and research based initiatives. I am forever grateful to the program because it gave my career a head-start in such a rewarding field of work. 













Samira Khan, Secretary
I currently work as a Research Program Coordinator at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. I manage multiple observational studies and clinical trials which focus on understanding the relationship between sleep apnea and cardiovascular disease using advanced imaging techniques. I also contribute significantly to developing proposals and applying to grants. The MPH program has provided me with significant skill sets, including those related to program planning and creating budgets for grants, which has helped me succeed in my current role. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Greater New York Dental Meeting 2017 by Utsavi Kapadia

Welcoming the New Faculty – Dr. Chanapong Rojanaworarit, Assistant Professor, Department of Health Professions, School of Health Professions and Human Services

PHAA Alumni Spotlight : Dr. Johanna Andrews (MPH '14)